
Here it is... a blog dedicated to my firstborn son...the fascinating David Isaiah Baily. I find this kid incredibly intriguing. He keeps me on my toes with his clever ideas and quick wit. I am so proud to be his mother and to watch him grow and mature. I've dug into my photo archives to give you a glimpse of his life with us. He's camera shy and usually only poses with some silly face or giving someone else bunny ears.


You can never be quite sure what you're going to get with this kid. Isaiah has a lot of personality and a great sense of humor. This picture of Isaiah certainly attests to that! When Eliza was only two weeks old, this is how I found him after a time out. He thought it would be a real hoot to dress up in his newborn baby sisters clothes and have me find him that way. I need not tell you the comic relief his new attire gave us.

One of Isaiah's loves is history. Two years ago we spent time learning about ancient Egypt. This is his self made costume representing the first phaoroah of egypt.

Most of you know that Isaiah studies the violin. He has been taking lessons for five years now! I can't even believe it. This is not one of his passions, but I have hopes...

This is the first time Isaiah carved his pumpkin alone. He did a fabulous job for a first try. He has always been confident in his abilities and always very independent.

I am expecting that someday, Isaiah will never be home. He loves to hang out with other people and he's happiest doing that at their house. He never tires of being with others. This is a fun shot of him and his cousin, Trevor.

Having this young man in my life has taught me so many things. I have been challenged beyond words. Isaiah is clever and has great command over words. His vocabulary and ability to debate would make him a great lawyer. He loves a good argument and is intent on winning. I have been most challenged, though, by trusting God to help me parent and guide this incredible little boy (as well as my other four kiddos). I've never wanted to do anything so perfectly in all my life and have never done anything this significant or important before. I pray that Isaiah will use the many gifts and talents he has to serve God and that he will love God with his whole heart. I pray that he will know that God deeply loves him and wants to know him. What a precious honor it is to be entrusted with Isaiah as my son.
2 comments:
Jen, I really enjoyed your post about Isaiah! He is a special gift from the Lord and we love him very much! The pictures are great!! Cari
That is a very nice blog for Isaiah.
Post a Comment