
This winter Isaiah has been focusing on two things: writing and math facts. This is a picture of him putting together his daily journal. He writes something almost everyday in it. On Monday, he wrote about George Washington since it was presidents day. We didn't realize our first president was just one inch shorter than Dad!
As for math, Isaiah almost has all his basic math facts memorized. This has been a great feat nearly accomplished. He has a great mind for understanding mathmatical concepts and loves story problems. He is also working hard in spelling. But, our favorite time together is reading aloud. Isaiah could listen to me read for many hours at a time.
(In
fact, we all love the time we have together to read aloud. We usually spend at least an hour a day reading together. It's my favorite time of day!
Sometimes while I work with Isaiah, Nathaniel and Eliza get to work independently. Here they are working with geometric shapes. Nathaniel really enjoys making mosaics.

Dad was home with us on President's Day. It was great to have him around. Here he is playing "Some Body" with Eliza and Nathaniel.
Eliza loves "school". She could endlessly do worksheets in her preschool book. She asks to do them all day. She is a homeschooling mother's dream. She loves to write and draw and color. She also loves to be a princess, nearly every day.

Nathaniel is learning to read this year. He also spends time daily working on math and spelling. I really enjoy working with him. He likes to learn and makes it fun. He is also continuing with the piano and has made real leaps this year. I'm really proud of him.
And Joel and Josh, what are they learning? Other than how to be cuter every day, they are really changing. They are rolling everywhere and babbling all the time. They're starting to feed themselves crackers and they love their solids. They are so enjoyable to be with, a wonderful blessing to our family.
There's so much more I could share with you. I hope you enjoyed the glimpse of our world.
1 comment:
Jen,
Really enjoyed the more detailed blog & seeing how much the kids are learning from the most wonderful home schooler in the world. Thanks for letting us share in what your school day consist of. Very interesting! I for one, would have loved to be home schooled & probably would have learned a great deal more than I actually did at school. Oh, well! Great job! Love, Aunt Margie
Post a Comment