Not all days are pleasant days in our home. Today seems to be especially full of strife and irritation. We have been quick tempered, many of us. For the past few weeks, I have been meditating upon James 1:19b-20 "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires."
I have been convicted of my own angry spirit. When my kids don't quickly comply, I am quick to anger. I rant and rave instead of being quick to listen and slow to speak. I desire to be patient and kind and to choose carefully my words, but often instead, I show irritation and frustration and assume the worst in my children instead of believing they desire righteousness. I have found this anger reflected in the lives of my children and I am remorseful that my actions have such consequences in the lives of those I treasure so much. Feeling very discouraged in seeing how my anger keeps my little ones from living a righteous life like God desires, we are spending time searching His word for help and direction.
So, today, putting aside most of the work planned last week, we are meditating upon the word of God and seeking him. Asking him to repair and heal. Asking him to restore what we have broken confident that He can do it and that He will give us victory as we seek to be loving, patient and trusting in Him.
Thanks be to God that He is faithful and that He has conquered sin.
No comments:
Post a Comment