Today we all seemed a bit tired and irritable. Our voices were not always kind and our tone was not always gentle. I know that when I'm more impatient it shows in the attitudes of my children. We were whiny, hard to please, and pouty. It took me most of the morning to realize I needed to stop and pray with the kids asking the Holy Spirit to descend upon us and replace our ugly spirits with Himself. That was a turning point. I am always greatful for the Spirit's help.
Our learning today was nothing exceptionally exciting, but rather a little hum drum. We continued our journey through Genesis, talked about Egypt's middle kingdom, examined cacti, and maintained our other daily assignments. In the afternoon, our Boppa came over and worked on some basic Spanish with our cousins and us. We learned a little vocab and some conversational lines. At dinner, the kids and I practiced a little.
After dinner, the older two boys headed out to a soccer game. The younger two boys headed off to bed. Eliza and I had some nice one on one time. She read her first library book to me. (I especially love teaching them to read. It's my favorite!!)
Tomorrow will be busy. Music lessons and library storytime in the afternoon. Lord, help us to honor you tomorrow in the busyness of our work and play.
No comments:
Post a Comment