Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Glimpse

A little glimpse into our Thursday...
we studied non-flowering plants today, focusing on ferns. I had the kids run out into the woods and bring back a specimen to examine. Isaiah found a great sample with spores on the fronds. It was better than I hoped.


Every day, Nathaniel spends twenty to thirty minutes reading aloud to Joshua and Joel. I was glad to capture this special time today.

We also caught a grasshopper today and set it up in little tank. We gave him a bit of potato to eat and a paper towel soaked in water. We'll keep him a few days and then let him go.

More of a sad note, we lost our second hermit crab today. Jeffy showed no signs of life and had lost several of his limbs. We felt very sad that he was gone.

Thank you God for such an amazing world. Thank you for an endless amount of things to learn and enjoy.

No comments: